Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pink Eye!!!!

Today Evie woke up with a crusty disgusting red eye. I called the doctor and they scheduled me an appointment in the afternoon. While at the appointment the doctor prescribed some eye drops and said it was most likely pink eye...... Wonderful. Then she went on to say that I needed to give Evie some drops in her eyes 4 times a day for 5 days. No big deal right? Ha! That's what I thought. Silly me. I gave her some eye drops first thing when we got home and needless to say she didn't love it, but she did okay. But that was just the beginning. I needed to give her another dose before bed so I told her "okay Evie we have to do some eye drops before we read stories." I might as well have told her I was going to remove her eyes because she ran away screaming "NOOOOO!!!!!". After a ridiculous amount of time of having to chase her around the house I pretty much had to tackle her, lay her down on the bed, and pry open her eyelids just to put in 2 drops. And they want me to do this 4 times a day for 5 more days!!!!! Are you kidding me?! Wish me luck....

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh good luck! All my kids had it when Zack was a baby and I had to do the same thing, hold them down by laying on them...oh it sucks!

Autumn said...

So sorry- I feel your pain. We've had to do so many drops for various reasons over the years that every time we go to the Opthamologist (which is often)Michael asks me in an exasperated tone "Do we HAVE to get drops today?" Poor kids and their drops.

Wendy said...

Yes, torturing kids is no fun... I still haven't taken Kate for her one year shots... she'll be 15 months on Thursday!