Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Mmmmm.....Delicious

I have been trying really hard to find new and inventive ways to add vegetables into our meals. We're all great at eating fruits, this week we finished off one WHOLE watermelon, a bag of grapes, 2 mangos, 4 apples, a cantalope, and a pack of strawberries. And yet I still have a very full vegetable drawer. In this last week I have gotten very creative, such as blending up spinach, carrots, and celery in egg salad or adding spinach and broccoli to our morning fruits shakes. Well I discovered a delicious recipe tonight that is both extremely easy AND delicious and I just had to share (plus I told my mom I would put it up here for her.) So here it is.....


Potato and Kale Quiche

1 9 or 10 in pie crust
1 T Olive Oil
1 Onion, diced
2 cups peeled, diced potatoes
2 packed cups chopped kale (I actually stuck this in the food processor and blended it pretty much minced because I knew that would be the only way Evie would eat it)
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 t Dijon mustard
1/4 t sea salt
1/4 t black pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Warm oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Saute 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Stir in kale. Cover and cook another 5 minutes. Kale and potatoes should be tender but not overcooked. Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, sea salt, pepper, and nutmeg until frothy. Place 1/2 of the cheese evenly over bottom of crust. Place potato-kale mixture over cheese. Cover with remaining cheese. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese to fill crust. Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool 10 minutes.

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Angie said...

That looks yummy! Now if I could figure out how to turn kale yellow so that it would blend in with the eggs, I might be able to get Atlie to eat it! Maybe I should just turn the eggs green?

Sally said...

Glad you posted again. Wish I could be more healthy. Keep sharing recipes!