Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Latest Going On......

Well, Evie and I got back from our trip to Utah at the end of April and we already want to go back. It was so nice to be around family. I sure do miss that and I know Evie does too. She's already told many dozens of times that she would like to go back to Utah. She especially misses her cousins Macie and Atlie who are the closet to her in age and she played with a lot while we were home. But we've been trying to keep busy since we've been here. Most of the time it just seems like a big waiting game....Waiting for baby to come......Waiting for Nick to come home.........Waiting to move into our new house. But we've managed to do a few fun things since we've been home. We went to the San Diego zoo again with one of Evie's best friends here named Alivia, we also went to Legoland on a bounce back pass that we had from when we went with Nick. It was a very bittersweet trip for me though because all day long Evie would say things like "Daddy would LOVE this ride mommy!" or "Daddy would like some ice cream like us" or "Daddy would be so mad if saw me get wet in the water (there was a splash park there :-) )" It was clear that she was missing her daddy a lot that day. I think mostly because last time we went there we went with him and they had a lot fun going on all the rides together. But she's been asking about him since we got home. For some reason she thought he would be home when we got back to San Diego and was really disappointed that he wasn't. But we've been able to talk to him on Skype a few times which is really fun for her. I also had my ultrasound for the problem with the umbilical cord and the doctor said the baby looked great. The thing they worry the most about is growth but she was a strong 2 pounds 14 ounces at 26 weeks!!! She's going to be a big one! But we're so excited to meet baby Aurora (I think that's the name we've decided on.) Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks.

My Beautiful little girl!!! She's just getting so big so fast


There is a really funny story behind this picture. I was in the bathroom getting ready and Evie came up to me and said "Mommy you're going to be so mad at me." And I said "That's not really a good start to this conversation what did you do?" Then she jumped to the side and showed me that she gave herself a "tattoo" (hehe) When I asked her what it was she told me a "bat."
Evie and friend Aliva at the San Diego Zoo


Playing fairy dress-up





Legoland Race Track

Evie wanted to ride a camel "like daddy"

3 comments:

Sally said...

She is cute! And I can't wait to meet baby Aurora! Love that name!

We miss you!

Wendy said...

I can't imagine being away from my husband for so long! You're so brave!

Evie is such a beautiful little girl.

Autumn said...

Oh waiting is so hard but hopefully you won't have to wait much longer. I love the name Aurora-I used to want to be sleeping beauty when I was a kid-who am I kidding, I still want to be sleeping beauty. Evie is so cute! I love to read the cute things she says-what a character!